千亿体育网站Montclair State University is on Valley Rd. and Normal Ave., Montclair, N.J., one mile south of the junction of Routes 3 and 46.
Because Montclair State has ready access to several major highways, directions to campus significantly depending on where you’re coming from. We recommend using or similar to plan your visit.
Using a GPS Device
千亿体育网站Although there are multiple entrances to campus, visitor parking is located near our main entrance. Use our mailing address (1 Normal Ave.) when you visit campus.
If you’re a new student or employee you’ll need to make sure you park in the appropriate parking lot. First, visit Parking 千亿体育网站 and register for a parking permit. Next, check the Parking Map to see which parking areas are available to you.
New York City
MIDTOWN DIRECT-Montclair service operates between Montclair Heights Station and Penn Station New York from early morning until late evening, Monday through Friday. Peak period service will also run to and from Hoboken Heights and Newark Broad Street stations, plus you can use either MIDTOWN DIRECT-Montclair or Hoboken-bound trains to reach Newark Broad Street Station. Call 1-800-626-RIDE or visit for complete NJTransit information and schedules.
The Montclair State University campus is located right next to two train stations. The Montclair Heights train station, located at the south end of campus, is just a few steps away from the main body of the campus. The Montclair State University train station, located at the northwest end of campus, has a campus shuttle service to the main campus area. The Montclair-Boonton line does make stops at both stations.
- New York City (by bus): DeCamp Bus No. 66 leaves from the Port Authority Bus Terminal and drops you off on campus near College Hall. If the bus is not going all the way to campus, get off at Mt. Hebron and Valley roads, turn right (north) on Valley, and walk one block to the Normal Avenue traffic light, then turn left to campus entrance.
- Newark: NJ Transit Bus No. 28 originates at Macy’s, Washington and Hill streets, and terminates its run on campus.
- Paterson: NJ Transit Bus No. 705 travels from Main Street and Broadway in Paterson. Or, NJ Transit Bus No. 72 originates at Broadway Terminal, Paterson, and goes to Broad Street, Bloomfield. Change to No. 28 at Bloomfield Center.
- The Oranges: Take One Bus Co. No. 44 to Main and Day streets in Orange. Connect to NJ Transit Bus No. 92 to Glenwood and Bloomfield avenues. Change to NJ Transit Bus No. 28
- Passaic: NJ Transit Bus No. 705 originates at Main Street and Passaic Avenue in Passaic and travels through Clifton to Montclair State University.
- Wayne: NJ Transit Bus 705 originates at Willowbrook Mall and ends its run on campus.
NJ Transit Trip Planner
千亿体育网站If you’d like to use a combination of bus, train, or light rail, you can use the . Just input your start and end points and when you’d like to travel and it’ll search through the schedules for you.